Chances are that you have recently missed a marketing/advertising opportunity. Consider this, when was the last time you sent out something simple like a newsletter or even a thank you card or postcard? Did you send these items out so quickly that they
didn’t even have your company name or logo? If you didn’t focus on their content and appearance you missed your opportunity.
The key function of marketing/advertising efforts is to gain visibility for your company. This is a never ending process that is very important if you want to make sales. Most companies have dedicated departments to the implementation of these processes.
There are many strategies for developing and maintaining marketing and advertising efforts. There are rules that can be followed and guides that indicate the norms for which companies accomplish their client outreach goals. You may have a method of advertising that you are using right now. However there are still avenues and opportunities that are being overlooked.
When your company’s visibility and exposer is the objective then the client/customers impression is essential. The client’s first impression might hook them however you have to keep them wanting more. The same efforts that are created to market potential client/customers should also be continued for those who have been with your company for many years.
Take for example a simple notification letter that you are sending out to inform a client/customer. You may overlook the opportunity to impress the client in addition to advertising your company. Even a notification letter can be seen as a prospect to place advertising/marketing materials for all of those who view and or handle it.
Everything that comes out of your office should follow the same creative attention to detail as a national ad would. This is your business and you want it to shine so put your best foot forward with these following techniques and ideas.
• Successful Advertising links your marketing collectively. Mention your blog in your newsletter, your newsletter in your social media, your social media in your flyer, your flyer in your business card, etc. Connect them all as much as possible for more successful promotion.
• Spend the extra time and money to have a designer put together several letterheads, invoices, product reports, etc. Have several designed so that you can switch them up with different messages and graphics, keeping them interesting to new clients as well as existing ones.
• Content is very important. Not only the content of the information that you are sending out, that of the added marketing/advertisement as well. Use several different slogans that can be easily remembered and that refers to your business.
• Include photos to attract the reader’s eye. Vertical photos are said the draw more attention then horizontal. The larger the photo the more copy the person will read. Make sure that the photo matches the content that you are including. Also use captions as people read captions more often than text.
• Identify your company. In every piece of material that comes from your office there should be two things. Numerous ways to contact you and your company logo.
• SEO – In web development search engine optimization is very important. It is a set of key words that are connected to your business. They describe who you are or what you do. These key words can go further than the internet. Use them in your material to get your client/customers connecting you with those words.
• Lastly, have fun with it. Client/customers can tell when you really enjoy what it is you do.